- 3 C chopped basil
- 1/4 C dried pine nuts
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- Toast pine nuts for a couple of minutes to enhance flavor.
- Combine basil, pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic and salt in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add oil in a slow and steady stream with machine running. Process until fairly smooth, but not pureed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in air tight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.