- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 ounces kielbasa, sliced in quarters
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 10 peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat
Add chopped onions, peppers, garlic, and sausage. Saute 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add pepper, oregano, thyme and bay leaves; cook 2 more minutes
Add chicken broth, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes more.
Discard bay leaves. Add parsley, and serve.